This statement sets out Mossvale Maintenance & Sealing Services Ltd’s actions to understand all potential modern slavery risks related to its business and to put in place steps that are aimed at ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in its own business or in its supply chains.
The organisation recognises that it has a responsibility to take a robust approach to slavery and human trafficking, is absolutely committed to preventing slavery and human trafficking in its corporate activities, and to ensuring that its supply chains are free from slavery and human trafficking.
Responsibility for the organisation’s anti-slavery initiatives is as follows:
- Policies: Our HR Department are responsible for reviewing all Company Policies on a regular basis and are responsible for ensuring that any new or reviewed Policies are communicated to all employees via email as well as via our Company Intranet.
- Risk assessments: The Company carefully adopts a strict vetting process for all prospective employees, including agency workers, ensuring proof of residence and the qualifications to perform the job. This responsibility is shared between the HR department and the recruiting managers.
The organisation operates the following policies that describe its approach to the identification of modern slavery risks and steps to be taken to prevent slavery and human trafficking in its operations:
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Equality & Diversity Policy
- Dignity at Work Policy
- Anti-Bribery Policy
Supply Chain Due Diligence
Mossvale operates with a commitment to acting ethically and integrity in its business relationships, and in line with its One Team corporate values. This extends down to its expectations placed on its subcontractors and supply chain, in acting as representatives of Mossvale to its customers.
Mossvale will not knowingly support or deal with any business involved in slavery or human trafficking and undertakes appropriate due diligence when engaging and working with suppliers. This includes ensuring that:
- Working conditions are both safe and hygienic;
- Child labour is not used;
- No discrimination is practised;
- Wages are both fair and comparable to other employers, and where possible exceed the minimum wage;
- No bribery, corruption, blackmailing, fraud or bullying is permitted.
Any infringement of this policy will be dealt with swiftly and with the relevant due care and attention, and which may result in the removal of the offending organisation from the supply chain.